At the World Tea Awards ceremony on 31st May 2014 on board The Queen Mary in Long Beach, California, JANE received Best Educator Award.
At the World Tea Awards ceremony on 7th May 2015 on board The Queen Mary in Long beach, California, JANE received Best Tea Personality Award and Best Tea Health Advocate.
RAISING MONEY FOR NEPAL
We are all very concerned for the people of Nepal since two disastrous eathquakes struck the country and are raising finds through colleagues in the US who trade teas out of Nepal and give profits back to the Nepali tea community. If you would like to help, please have a look at the webiste of Nepali Tea Traders, the company founded and run by my friend Maggie Le Beau:
Latest Publication: Tea Sommelier Handbook, by Jane Pettigrew & Victoria Bisogno
Tea Sommelier Handbook by Victoria Bisogno and Jane Pettigrew.
The demand for Tea Sommelier training is growing fast all around the world and Spanish speakers in the US, Mexico and Latin America are amongst the increasing number of tea lovers who want to learn more about their favourite beverage. The Tea Sommelier Handbook gives information about the history of tea, the tea plant and how it grows, teas from different countries, manufacturing styles, brewing techniques, tea service, sensory evaluation, tea ceremonies, tea cocktails, and the etiquette of tea. It is now available in just Spanish or in a Spanish/English edition. For more information or to order a copy, go to www.elclubdelte.com
Comments from some of those who have attended a masterclass
"We would like to thank you and Tim for the excellent class on Saturday. Such a relaxed attitude, perfect timing and an absolutely thrilling experience. I would certainly recommend your course to anyone."
"Thank you for delivering such a terrific Masterclass - it was a perfect balance between theoretical and the practical and it was beautifully rounded off by a sumptuous afternoon tea."
"I enjoyed the class so much. I was impressed with how much information you pack into such a short time and yet it's so much fun."
Jane has written 14 books on the many and varied aspects of tea, its production, history and culture, and she writes for tea related magazines and journals.
Her 'Tea Lover's Companion' is now out of print but a brand new edition is available with the title 'Tea Classified'. This has updated information, lots of new photos and, in the directory, new information and new photos of teas from tea regions not included in previous editions - Vietnam, Korea, Bolivia, Bangladesh, Brazil, Thailand, the UK and the USA. This is the ideal book for all new tea lovers and for anyone who wishes to find out more about tea manufacture, different categories of tea, and what types of tea come from different tea producing countries.
To book a Tea Masterclass online, please visit the booking page by clicking here.
- Price: £14.99
- Publisher: The National Trust and Benjamin Press
- This is a new, updated edition of The Tea Lover's Companion and contains up-to-date information about green, yellow, white, oolong, black, puerh and flavoured teas and is illustrated with new photographs - many of which Jane and Bruce took on their travels. The catalogue of teas contains more than 110 different teas, with stunning images by Bruce and his son Ben of the dry leaf, the wet leaf and the liquor of teas from unusual origins such as Korea, Vietnam, the UK and Bolivia as well as the more traditional tea countries of the world.
- Buy this book: Visit Amazon UK to purchase a copy
Forthcoming Masterclasses and events:
PLACES AT EACH CLASS FILL QUICKLY SO TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT, PLEASE BOOK IN PLENTY OF TIME.
- 03rd of October, 2015, Tea Masterclass (The Chesterfield Hotel, London)
9.15am lasting 8 hours
Tea Masterclass and Afternoon Tea
- 04th of December, 2015, Tea Masterclass (The Chesterfield Hotel, London)
9.15am lasting 8 hours